Author: Jane Anderson
An expert in Life Cycle Assessment for the Construction industry
- I can’t imagine that any of the homes resulting from this bill will have such big gardens or low density. twitter.com/owenhatherley/…xxx 4 days ago
- RT @LCA_NZ: New job posting – Senior LCA specialist (@thinkstepANZ) thinkstep-anz.com/who-we-are/joi… @sustainableET @ajay_morrisxxx 1 week ago
- #ECW2014 embodiedcarbon
- 2 degrees
- A Level
- Arctic cloudwhitening sea-ice resources
- capital carbon
- climate change
- ECO Platform
- Embodied Carbon
- Environmental Externalities
- greenhouse gases
- Life cycle costing
- ASBP publish a comprehensive list of EPD for UK produced construction products in our new Briefing Paper
- UK Government has required Whole Life Carbon assessments, which means embodied carbon assessments, for all new public works projects and programmes since December 2020
- #RegulateEmbodiedCarbon – ACAN’s campaign
- More than 10,000 EN 15804 EPD at the start of 2021!
- When is an EPD not an EPD?
No Instagram images were found.
Category Archives: Standards
My latest update of EPD numbers at the start of 2019 is now available – bit.ly/2019EPD
Following on from my 2017 EPD Infographic, I have again tracked the numbers of verified EPD for construction products aligning to EN 15804. Growth in numbers has continued, and there are now over 5000 EPD available globally. In 2017, new … Continue reading
I’ve just updated my infographic showing the number of Construction Product Environmental Product Declarations (EPD) with the latest figures for the start of 2017, and a whole lot more detail. Thanks to all the Programme Operators who provided information – … Continue reading
I believe, as members of the EU, the UK really does influence the Standards and Regulations which the EU creates. I have seen this as a UK expert on the Standards Committee I work on. If we leave, we will … Continue reading
As seen at Standards Norway’s offices.
BSI are currently looking for comments on the draft of Publicly Available Specification 2080 which covers the calculation of embodied carbon and operational carbon, or as the PAS calls it, Capital and Operational Carbon for Infrastructure. According to BSI, the objective for … Continue reading
If you’ve ever wondered how many EN 15804 EPD are out there, what products they cover, which EPD programmes have published the most EPD or how quickly the number of EPD are growing, then look no further than my Infographic on … Continue reading
Paul King has just written a great blog, available from Building (free registration required) talking about his reaction to Embodied Carbon Week, and where we go from here. Paul’s initial scepticism that Embodied Carbon could be of interest for a … Continue reading
As part of the UKGBC’s Embodied Carbon Week, I was invited by BSI to give a webinar on “The standard for Embodied Carbon and Life Cycle Assessments (LCA): BS EN 15804 and Environmental Product Declarations (EPD) for construction products”. BSI have … Continue reading
The Construction Products Association have provided a useful Guidance Note on the Construction Products Regulation, (CPR), available to download here. The CPR builds on the Construction Products Directive, and explicitly contains reference to the assessment of greenhouse gases and natural resources … Continue reading