Author: Jane Anderson
An expert in Life Cycle Assessment for the Construction industry
- RT @CDP: "CDP data shows Scope 3 emissions are, on average, over 11 times higher than operational emissions. "Without companies tackling t…xxx 4 hours ago
- RT @JCDrinkwater: Hats off to the #BuildingLife campaign team for bringing together a coalition across civil society, public sector bodies…xxx 2 days ago
- The Whole Life Carbon Network have worked with @LETI_London and @RIBA to produce definitions related to whole life… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…xxx 4 days ago
- Firms must commit to net zero to win Government contracts over £5m. gov.uk/government/new…xxx 4 days ago
- RT @asbp_uk: If you’re passionate about the environment, please complete our Reducing #PlasticsInConstruction survey. This will help us fo…xxx 4 days ago
- #ECW2014 embodiedcarbon
- 2 degrees
- A Level
- Arctic cloudwhitening sea-ice resources
- capital carbon
- climate change
- ECO Platform
- Embodied Carbon
- Environmental Externalities
- greenhouse gases
- Life cycle costing
- ASBP publish a comprehensive list of EPD for UK produced construction products in our new Briefing Paper
- UK Government has required Whole Life Carbon assessments, which means embodied carbon assessments, for all new public works projects and programmes since December 2020
- #RegulateEmbodiedCarbon – ACAN’s campaign
- More than 10,000 EN 15804 EPD at the start of 2021!
- When is an EPD not an EPD?
No Instagram images were found.
Monthly Archives: January 2016
Speaking at a U.N. Investors conference on 27th January. Today I call on the investor community to build on the strong momentum from Paris and seize the opportunities for clean energy growth. I challenge investors to double – at a … Continue reading
Very insightful article by Dr Julian Allwood celebrating the achievements of the European steel industry but explaining its problem and how it could move positively into the future. Of particular relevance to me are the 50% wastage rate for steel … Continue reading
5 videos showing our impact on resources, forests, water, climate and urbanisation over the last 20-30 years, using images from NASA.
As seen at Standards Norway’s offices.
Letter on eve of COP21 organised by Julie’s Bicycle Dear Executive Secretary Figueres and COP 21 President, Minister Fabius, We, the creative community as represented by the signatories below, ask all those responsible for negotiating the post 2020 climate change f … Continue reading
Ridley Scott’s film for the Climate Coalition using the lyrics of Shakespeare’s Sonnet 18 spoken by some of Britain’s best known actors.
(reposted with original error corrected) RICS have published an infographic comparing the Embodied Carbon and Production of various construction materials . In my view, an uninformed viewer might assume that the problem materials in relation to Embodied Carbon and Construction are … Continue reading
Taken from USA Today “By an overwhelming 80%-10%, those surveyed say the United States should transition to mostly clean or renewable energy by 2030” A USA TODAY/Rock the Vote Millennial Poll finds an emerging generation that is more pragmatic than … Continue reading
Building on my earlier post, I have now found over 30 companies that have made commitments that will reduce embodied carbon in the Built Environment. These companies within the manufacturing, construction and property sector have made public commitments to reduce the … Continue reading
From The Whitehouse. THE AMERICAN BUSINESS ACT ON CLIMATE PLEDGE “A total of 154 companies will have signed the American Business Act on Climate Pledge to demonstrate their support for action on climate change and the conclusion of a climate … Continue reading