Author: Jane Anderson
An expert in Life Cycle Assessment for the Construction industry
- I can’t imagine that any of the homes resulting from this bill will have such big gardens or low density. twitter.com/owenhatherley/…xxx 4 days ago
- RT @LCA_NZ: New job posting – Senior LCA specialist (@thinkstepANZ) thinkstep-anz.com/who-we-are/joi… @sustainableET @ajay_morrisxxx 1 week ago
- #ECW2014 embodiedcarbon
- 2 degrees
- A Level
- Arctic cloudwhitening sea-ice resources
- capital carbon
- climate change
- ECO Platform
- Embodied Carbon
- Environmental Externalities
- greenhouse gases
- Life cycle costing
- ASBP publish a comprehensive list of EPD for UK produced construction products in our new Briefing Paper
- UK Government has required Whole Life Carbon assessments, which means embodied carbon assessments, for all new public works projects and programmes since December 2020
- #RegulateEmbodiedCarbon – ACAN’s campaign
- More than 10,000 EN 15804 EPD at the start of 2021!
- When is an EPD not an EPD?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: EPD
At the start of January 2021, there are just over 10,000 Verified Environmental Product Declarations (EPD) to EN 15804 for construction products registered globally, as shown in my 2021 Infographic. Regulation in France, where the RE2020 Building LCA legislation will … Continue reading
Signify and Philips (its lighting brand) are talking a good talk about EPD on their website. The article is is called, “How Environmental Product Declarations are helping green the lighting industry“. They talk about why people might want EPD, for example: … Continue reading
Over 7000 EN 15804 Environmental Product Declarations (EPD) were available at the start of 2020 with numbers continuing to increase
Rather late in the year I am adding my 2020 EPD Infographic to my blog which provides the numbers of EPD at the start of the year. The number of EN 15804 EPD have continued to rise, with French FDES … Continue reading
If you’ve ever wondered how many EN 15804 EPD are out there, what products they cover, which EPD programmes have published the most EPD or how quickly the number of EPD are growing, then look no further than my Infographic on … Continue reading
Agnes Schuurmans, whose blog I list in my blogroll, has posted a great article on LinkedIn about transport in Environmental Product Declarations – how important it can be and how manufacturers can provide data.
I was delighted to bump into Ramon Arratia at Ecobuild this year, especially as Interface have recently announced that it has achieved a 90% reduction in its carbon emissions since 1994 – well before its 2020 target. I was even … Continue reading
Paul King has just written a great blog, available from Building (free registration required) talking about his reaction to Embodied Carbon Week, and where we go from here. Paul’s initial scepticism that Embodied Carbon could be of interest for a … Continue reading
As part of the UKGBC’s Embodied Carbon Week, I was invited by BSI to give a webinar on “The standard for Embodied Carbon and Life Cycle Assessments (LCA): BS EN 15804 and Environmental Product Declarations (EPD) for construction products”. BSI have … Continue reading
The Construction Products Association have provided a useful Guidance Note on the Construction Products Regulation, (CPR), available to download here. The CPR builds on the Construction Products Directive, and explicitly contains reference to the assessment of greenhouse gases and natural resources … Continue reading